Sports, lifting, aging, even daily activities can often result in an injury to the neck or back or even extremities. Whether these injuries are mild or severe, we can either help manage your injury or refer you to the right people in a reasonable amount of time.
Basic soft tissue injuries to the extremities or spine are usually easily treated with a combination of a chiropractic adjustment and one or more of the physiotherapies listed below. At Cosh Chiropractic we will do our best to give you quality care in office with home care instructions to facilitate more rapid healing. These instructions may include bracing, stretching, work and lifestyle modification suggestions and/or contrast therapy. If further evaluation or treatment is anticipated, we have ample Heathcare Partners we refer to locally.
To complement and enhance the healing effects of Dr. Cosh's specific Chiropractic manipulative treatment, we at Cosh Chiropractic Care & Wellness Center also provide the following physiological therapeutic procedures:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (TENS) - Used to reduce muscle spasms
- Ultrasound - Highly effective on sprains and strains associated with back injuries and sports injuries involving the extremeties.
- Thermotherapy - Infrared, Diathermy or moist heat options; to increase local circulation and reduce muscle pain and spasm.
- Cryotherapy - Cold therapy to reduce inflammation and swelling in soft tissues.
- Massage Therapy and Myofascial Release - Partnering with skilled Certified Massage Therapists allows us to offer multiple massage techniques to address the muscular component of your pain. This allows the adjustment to be more comfortable, effective, and to last longer.
- Mechanical traction - gentle traction of the mid and lower back regions to elongate muscles, open discs and reduce nerve impingement along the spine.
The Most Common Causes of Sports Injuries:
- Overuse or Overstretching of muscles or ligaments
- Not warming up before activity
- Pushing yourself past muscle fatigue (overexertion)
- Abruptly increasing your regular activity levels