At Cosh Chiropractic Care & Wellness Center, we take great pride in providing multiple technique options to offer the best care in the Redding area. Whether you are a newborn, infant, pregnant woman or the strongest of athletes, we cater to your needs and find the approach that works best for your body. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services and techniques we offer in our Redding office.
We provide advanced spinal correction and range of motion improvement utilizing state of the art chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Christina Cosh has over 13 years of training and experience in spinal adjustments.
Manual Chiropractic Adjusting (also known as the Palmer or Diversified methodology)
Prenatal and Postnatal Chiropractic Adjusting - combination or variation on several techniques (listed) throughout the pregnancy depending on the comfort level of the mother and how the body progresses through the pregnancy.The same approach is used with children in our practice. Webster Protocol applied throughout pregnancy.
- Webster Protocol (a gentle ligament release technique that reduces tension on the pelvis and uterus creating an optimum environment for baby to get into a head down position for birthing)
Activator Technique (Gentle instrumentation tool used for those who don't like popping or pushing!)This is a very popular technique with expectant mothers, children, geriatric patients and anyone suffering from severe pain after trauma or disc herniations.
- Impulse I.Q. (an Advanced Activator Technique calibrated to provide the most effective spinal mobilization for different aged patients and body types)
- Pelvic Blocking and Mobilization (stretching and mobilization of the body without impulse adjusting for those who cannot handle pressure onto their spine)
- Drop Table Technique (helpful for patients who can't tolerate low back rotation)
Cranial Sacral Therapy (used on newborns and infants to gently help reduce dural and spinal tension resulting from the birthing process)
Toggle or Sustained Contact Techniques (a light impulse technique used on newborns and children to restore motion to spinal segments - pressure would be equivalent to that used when testing the firmness of a tomato)
- Leander Traction Technique (A Mechanical Flexion Distraction table used to minimize disc bulges in the low back and effective on scoliotic curvature changes in young adults)
- Acupressure and Trigger Point Therapy (muscle work designed to release tension and elongate the muscles of the spine)
- Spinal & Postural Modification recommendations (instruction on stretches, proper ergonomics, proper posture and strengthening exercises.
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises designed just for them to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction by as much as 30-40%. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each our patient is a whole person, and help them reach true health and wellness is a collaborate effort between our professionals and our patients.
We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you?
Whether you are an elite athlete with high performance requirements or are stressed from home or job responsibilites, Dr. Christina Cosh can review your nutritional program and make recommendations based on your individual needs.
To complement and enhance the healing effects of Dr. Cosh's specific Chiropractic manipulative treatment, we at Cosh Chiropractic Care & Wellness Center also provide the following physiological therapeutic procedures:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (TENS) - Used to reduce muscle spasms
- Ultrasound - Highly effective on sprains and strains associated with back injuries and sports injuries involving the extremeties.
- Thermotherapy - Infrared, Diathermy or moist heat options; to increase local circulation and reduce muscle pain and spasm.
- Cryotherapy - Cold therapy to reduce inflammation and swelling in soft tissues.
- Massage Therapy and Myofascial Release - We partner with massage therapists to offer multiple soft tissue massage techniques to address the muscular component of your injury or pain. We find this partnership to enhance your chiropractic experience by allowing for a more comfortable adjustment, and supports your adjustment by helping the results to last longer without the opposing muscle tension.
- Mechanical traction - gentle traction of the mid and lower back regions to elongate muscles, open discs and reduce nerve impingement along the spine.